Development north of Scant Road West
Published: 01 April 2022
Yesterday the Parish Council had a meeting with Cala Homes who have bought the site opposite Scant Road West and commenced preparation works for the development Firstly, they were very apologetic ( and so they should be) that they had not communicated with us or residents before doing so. They clarified with us the nature of the work they are doing now which has caused some concern:
* tree works ; the Arboricultural Report identified 12 trees which are categorised as unsafe, these are the only trees to be cut down
* Trees along the border with Scant Road West will be replaced
* Works to the hedgerows are for the purpose of reptile and dormouse trapping and translocation
* GPR scanning and ground penetration investigation and bore hole to inform foundation designs
* The access being made in Scant Road West is for emergency only and will not be used as an entrance into the site
All the work complies with the planning permissions originally given, site works are being monitored by an ecologist in accordance with the License granted by Natural England.
Construction work is estimated to begin in August 2022, a Construction Environmental Management Plan will be required which will stipulate no construction traffic using SC Road West.
The builders recognised that they will need to do better on communication and we will be having monthly meetings with them and regular updates on developments.
We understand that residents have been alarmed at seeing the commencement of works on site and we have asked that you are kept fully informed with leaflet drops when appropriate.
In the meantime please contact us if you have further concerns.
Please could those who read this disseminate the information to those who are not on social media?